The Cook will prepare food to be served to residents, staff, and visitors.
- Prepare and serve nutritionally correct and appetizing snacks and meals using the menus and standardized recipes developed and approved by the Dietary Manager and the Dietitian
- Serve food in the proper portion as indicated in the menus and breakdown sheets
- Coordinate cooking tasks with other cooks when preparing food
- Ensure safe and sanitary storage, handling and preparation of food by checking temperatures using the designated thermometers. Record these inspections as directed
- Responsible for the daily cleaning of kitchen equipment used in the preparation and apportioning of food
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Experience, communication, and interpersonal skills working with older adults
- Previous experience in the food service department of a hospital, long term care facility or retirement community preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include varied shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to use a computer with Internet service, e-mail and other programs as required
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities in a pleasant and professional manner
Contact HR with questions, (574) 654-2280.
Hamilton Grove is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification.
Your application will be kept on file for six months. If during that time you wish to be considered for another posted opening, contact Human Resources by telephone, email or in person and request that your application be submitted for the opening.