***Bonus, Bonus, Bonus***
Up to $1500 sign-on bonus for Full-time status.
QMAs will provide medications and for the nursing care of residents, as supervised by the community nurse.
- Perform the functions of a CNA
- Accurately administer oral, topical, rectal, ophthalmic, and optic medications as prescribed for the resident (shall not administer injectable or chemotherapeutic medications)
- Responsible for the observation of the desired or undesirable effects of the drug administered, and the reporting of those effects to the licensed nurse
- Administer PRN medications and treatments only upon the authorization of the licensed nurse or physician
- Responsible to care for residents to the full capacity allowed by the CNA title
- Document the administration or withholding or resident’s refusal of medications in medical record and notify the nurse in charge immediately
- Keep LPN/RN informed of the resident’s condition and responses to medications in timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Honor and respect the privacy of residents, staff, and the organization
- Maintain the confidentiality of resident information in compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and sensitive organizational information.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a state-approved medication administration course, in accordance with the regulatory agency guidelines, and be able to furnish and maintain proof of certification as a QMA
- Certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant, recognized by the state of Indiana and maintain certification
- Knowledgeable and able to use the equipment and devices used in the administration of medications to residents
- Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written communications and possess the ability to maintain accurate medication records for each resident
- Willingness to cooperate and work with other staff and residents
- Special interest in the aging population and strong desire to provide care in a compassionate manner
- Ability to deal with a high degree of frustration, function calmly in emergencies, flexible, able to shift priorities
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds occasionally and up to 60 pounds frequently
- Full-time Evening Shift, 3pm – 11pm
- Must work every other weekend & every other holiday
- Voluntary Life
- 403(b) with employer match
- PTO program
- Additional Benefits available
Contact HR with questions, (574) 654-2280.
Hamilton Grove is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification.
Your application will be kept on file for six months. If during that time you wish to be considered for another posted opening, contact Human Resources by telephone, email or in person and request that your application be submitted for the opening.