QMA/CNA will be responsible for giving medications and for the nursing care of residents, as supervised by the community nurse and perform the functions of a CNA.
- EVENING Shift – 3:00pm to 11:30pm
- Accurate administration of oral, topical, rectal, ophthalmic, and optic medications as prescribed for the resident by the attending physician.
- Responsible to care for residents to the full capacity allowed by the CNA title.
- Document the administration or withholding or resident’s refusal of medications in medical record and notify the nurse in charge immediately.
- Keep LPN/RN informed of the resident’s condition and responses to medications in timely manner.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a state-approved medication administration course and be able to furnish and maintain proof of certification as a QMA
- Certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), recognized by the state of Indiana
- Must maintain certification as required by the facility or the state
- Requires the ability to lift up to 80 pounds occasionally and up to 60 pounds frequently
- Requires the ability to lift residents to a chair with the assistant of another person and a gait belt
- Hourly rate based on experience
$500 sign on bonus for full-time
- Competitive benefits – Medical/Dental/Vision, PTO, 403(b) with match, tuition assistance
Hamilton Grove is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification.
Your application will be kept on file for six months. If during that time you wish to be considered for another posted opening, contact Human Resources by telephone, email or in person and request that your application be submitted for the opening.