The Resident Accounts and A/P Representative will report to the VP of Operations. Duties will include but not limited to being responsible for insurance & Medicare verification; prepare monthly billings for private pay, waiver, & Medicaid; process & respond to questions/inquiries relating to resident accounts; work with Greencroft Communities on reconciling A/R & G/L; responsible for preparation & completion of info related to annual audits; responsible for month-end processing, running and distributing reports; monitor contract incoming invoices; responsible for security deposits & resident refunds; voucher & input A/P invoices & process A/P checks; Maintain and keep checkbooks; monitor checking account balances; balance petty cash; maintain phone system for residents and employees; back up Welcome Center, Census, & Payroll; and other duties as assigned. Team members will honor and respect the privacy of residents, staff, and the organization. Responsibilities include maintaining the confidentiality of resident information in compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and sensitive organizational information. To encourage these responsibilities, all team members will also adhere to the social media policy.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Previous training or experience in accounting practices preferred
- Previous experience in long term care or a retirement community preferred
- Previous experience with Excel, Word and Print Shop required
- Communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with older adults
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to work independently and multi-task
- Working knowledge of accounting, Medicaid, RBA and Medicaid billing regulations
- Verbal, numerical, and clerical skills and the ability to comprehend all types of communications
- Ability to use a computer with Internet service, e-mail and other programs as required
- Work with a wide variety of personalities in a pleasant and professional manner
- Professional image to enhance positive public relations
- Frequent fingering, walking, sitting, talking, hearing and repetitive motions required
- Occasional reaching, kneeling, standing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling required
- Requires the ability to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and up to 10 pounds frequently
- Requires the ability to see things clearly at 20 inches or less, as is common in computer work.
- This position is not substantially exposed to adverse working conditions. Adherence to universal precautions is required.
Hours Per Week
40 hours per week
Full time benefit package available.
Apply by filling out the Online Application Form below or in person at:
31869 Chicago Trail
New Carlisle, IN 46552
Online Employment Application Form
Hamilton Grove is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification.
Your application will be kept on file for six months. If during that time you wish to be considered for another posted opening, contact Human Resources by telephone, email or in person and request that your application be submitted for the opening.