Resident Care Assistant is responsible for providing NON-DIRECT RESIDENT CARE, personal service and comfort measures in accordance with established procedures or as may be directed by your supervisor in accordance with federal and state regulations and the related policies. RCAs will have the opportunity to become CNAs.
- Respond to emergency monitor board and all residents’ request for assistance in a timely manner
- Assess situations when a resident summons help and intervene appropriately by providing assistance, e.g. contacting family/911, nurse or C.N.A
- Assist with minor housekeeping tasks, i.e. wiping spills, laundering residents’ personal clothes, vacuuming the floor, etc
- Escort residents to the dining room, activity areas and other locations on campus
- Supervise grooming or provide assistance by combing hair, setting out clothing, etc
- Display courteous, cooperative, helpful manner with residents, visitors and other staff, and represent the facility in a positive manner
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills required.
- Dependable, cooperative, and highly motivated to work with and care for the elderly.
- Creative program planning skills.
- Special training in the needs of dementia and Alzheimer’s and willingness to continue with ongoing continuing education in dementia issues.
- Voluntary Life
- 403(b) with employer match
- PTO program
- Additional Benefits available
Contact HR with questions, (574) 654-2280.
Hamilton Grove is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification.
Your application will be kept on file for six months. If during that time you wish to be considered for another posted opening, contact Human Resources by telephone, email or in person and request that your application be submitted for the opening.