To provide rehabilitative or restorative care with nursing interventions that promote the resident to adapt and adjust to living as independently and safely as possible by achieving and maintaining optimal physical, mental and psycho-social functioning. Duties include but not limited to attend and participate in training, educational activities; follow daily care plans, report changes in residents’ conditions to nurse in charge; document care provisions for residents; communicate with nursing staff regarding residents; and collaborate with interdisciplinary team for integrated approach to care delivery.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
- Six months experience (minimum) as CNA or Restorative Aide
- Must maintain CNA or RA certification as required by the facility or the state
- Ability operate machine, tools, equipment and work aids used by the Nursing division
- Sense of responsibilities for care of residents
- Possess the ability to be fair and consistent in the performance of duties and responsibilities without personnel
- Ability to effectively communicate verbal and written communications, and to interpret and comprehend numerical reports
- Strong desire to work in a community setting for the aging, and shall have the ability to interact with the residents and staff in a compassionate manner
- Ability to deal with a high degree of frustration, and shall have the dexterity to shift from task to other tasks on an as needed basis
- Represent Hamilton Grove in a professional and positive manner at all times and treating staff, residents, family members, vendors, visitors with respect
- Frequent fingering, walking, sitting, talking, hearing and repetitive motions required
- Occasional reaching, kneeling, standing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling required
- Requires the ability to lift up to 80 pounds occasionally and up to 60 pounds frequently
- Requires the ability to see things clearly at 20 inches or less, as is common in visual inspection or computer work
- This position is not substantially exposed to adverse working conditions. Adherence to universal precautions required
- Requires the ability to lift residents to a chair with the assistant of another person and a gait belt
Team members will honor and respect the privacy of residents, staff, and the organization. Responsibilities include maintaining the confidentiality of resident information in compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and sensitive organizational information. To encourage these responsibilities, all team members will also adhere to the social media policy. For more information regarding confidentiality and its importance, refer to the Hamilton Grove Employee Handbook.
Full time benefit package available.
Apply by filling out the Online Application Form below or in person at:
31869 Chicago Trail
New Carlisle, IN 46552
Online Employment Application Form
Hamilton Grove is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification.
Your application will be kept on file for six months. If during that time you wish to be considered for another posted opening, contact Human Resources by telephone, email or in person and request that your application be submitted for the opening.